Want to see what we've been working on lately? Take a look for the latest projects, updates, and information on our services.
One of my favorite homes, this historic home built in 1928 in Floral Park has a very tight laundry room and needs a more efficient use of their space. I, admittedly, did not take a lot of pictures during this build. But here are a few pieces of information about this project:
There is a window directly to the left which meant that putting an enclosed shelf or cabinet against the window, even with a gap, just wouldn't look right. We opted for a rounded corner floating shelf design. For this I used 0.75" melamine pressed board. I rounded the corners w/ a 4" radius and then ran a 0.25" dado for the 3 shelves and glued/screwed the shelves together from behind. I then attached the shelves to the cabinetry and secured it all to studs. Next up was the countertop. My client had originally requested stone, but it was a little out of budget so we opted for 0.75" maple ply (doubled up) w/ a 1.50" chair rail to finish the edging and 0.50" quarter round for the joints. I inserted a 2" grommet for the power supply to the w/d and left a square open in the back to service the washer and dryer supply/drain lines if necessary. Lastly, I built a 7.25"x39.5"x15.75" adjustable shelf cabinet to maximize the space between the washer and dryer as well. We didn't leave any available space open.
One of my clients called me and mentioned she was expecting. I couldn't have been happier for them. She needed to enclose their existing loft space in their 1br/1.5ba condo to use as a nursery. We made a plan and set out to complete it. She always wanted a barn door and after finding just the right one, we got going!
For years my client had dreamt of getting rid of the recess for her TV and wall mounting it. She contacted me and we put a plan together. She wanted to frame in the recess and then wall mount her new 65" LED TV and create a built in media cabinet to contain the peripherals. While we were at it, she was interested in updating her fireplace and I suggested building a custom mantle.
This was one of my favorite projects to date! My client originally contacted me for to build her a custom "mudroom" as she called it to store home goods, toys, shoes, jackets, yoga mats, and a place for her kids to play in. My wife and I have 4 kids and understand the value of usable space. I was definitely all in. Along the way, we built a custom top for her modular bookshelves using 3/4" plywood sandwiched together with T nuts so it can be disassembled entirely. She also decided to have me hang some custom closet doors. She wanted the closets to match the rest of the interior doors and her designer told her that it wasn't possible. I cut down solid core slab doors, installed new hanging hardware, drilled out pockets for the finger pulls, and installed them. Lastly, she wanted to frame in the media cabinet to bring the TV forward and install an articulating wall mount. This was quite the project but worth every second and I enjoyed every minute. I hope you enjoy the pictures as well!
Sometimes things go wrong. Sometimes they go wrong AND cause damage. That's what I'm here for.
My client had a pipe leak behind her beautiful 8 door pantry. When she called the plumbers to come out and repair the leak and rebuild the plumbing, they had to rip this thing to pieces. She contacted me to repair her cabinetry approximately a year after the repair had been completed.
When a customer tells you that it's "just some minor repairs," always be careful. It's usually not. This started out as a washing machine drain line backing up. They had to dig 6ft under the slab to pull out the "root" cause. Fill, pour concrete, and then it was my turn to rebuild the subfloor, replace the tile, and rebuild the wall.
The owner of this home purchased it in 1985. They are the original owner and had not remodeled or updated it since it was built. It required months worth of work and turned out beautifully if I can say so myself. Take a trip through the before and afters.
My wife decided she was finally tired of our washer and dryer area and asked me to build a "shelf." I didn't really listen to her relatively simple request and I tore the entire thing apart. New flooring, paint, a small stand for the dryer (to bring it level with the washer), and of course, shelving. Needless to say she was incredibly happy coming home to her the new laundry area.
My client wanted to finish off their baseboard and casing in their upstairs bedrooms and their downstairs bathroom. They had also previously rounded all their drywall corners making for a fun install. I utilized 22.5 degree bevel cuts for the corners as opposed to making a corner piece with a 45 degree bevel. They opted for 5" baseboard and 3" casing. I pulled 3 toilets and replaced the wax rings with a lifetime ring as well. Have a look at the before and afters!